Lower Sackville, Halifax County
Nova Scotia Canada
Pleasant Hill Cemetery, located at 593 Sackville Drive, Lower Sackville, Nova Scotia, Canada is possibly one of the largest cemeteries in the Halifax Regional Municipality. This non-denominational cemetery has an area of approximately twenty-one acres located close to the city of Halifax boundary with easy access to all-weather main roads.
This cemetery has been in operation since 1954. The present owners, Pleasant Hill Estates Limited, acquired the cemetery property in 1986 and it is one of the first in the area to be built and patterned after the well known Forest Lawn Cemeteries in California, having flat bronze markers on the burial sites and manicured grass lawns with large trees bordering the roads.
Roads are laid out in various designs, such as a cross, with access roads leading to Irving Street (winter months) and the main road entrance off Sackville Drive (summer months). The twenty one acres in the cemetery consist of eight acres undeveloped land available for consideration of large groups and organizations such as churches and thirteen acres developed with approximately ten thousand single lots sold. The cemetery offers both traditional and cremation lots.
Cremation walls are planned for above ground burials in the future.
The Royal Trust Corporation of Canada administers our Perpetual Care Trust Fund. Our sales division, Apollo Marketing, sells bronze markers, burial plots and blocks of land.
For the most recent news concerning
Pleasant Hill Cemetery click here.